LIRNEasia together with IITM’s Rural Technology and Business Incubator (RTBI) seek self-motivated and quality-conscious individuals as interns, a part of its Graduate fellowship Programme. The position will be for a period of six months. Both institutions are part of CPRsouth, a regional ICT policy and regulation capacity building platform (www.cprsouth.org)
The intern will spend the first three month at LIRNEasia (Colombo, Sri Lanka) and the latter three months at RTBI (Madras, India).
The intern will spend all six months at LIRNEasia (Colombo, Sri Lanka)*
Interns are expected to:
• Deliver reliable, high-quality research on current projects and proposals under the guidance of a mentor
• Take responsibility for the quality of your work and ensure that the methodology is clear and well documented
• Summarize and logically present findings of your work so that results can be rapidly digested
• Communicate the findings through written, graphical or oral presentation
• Demonstrate self-confidence and initiative in the work you undertake
• Agree to a minimum 6-month commitment
A high degree of competence in English is an absolute requirement. Knowledge of Tamil, Hindi, Chinese or a major Asian language will be a plus.
The ideal candidate should:
• have a good academic record in a numerate discipline that can be supported by output not limited to GPA and exam results
• be able to compile, synthesize and present facts clearly, and write material that presents the facts with clear accompanying analysis;
Academic qualifications and/or experience in one of the following fields will be a definite advantage: ICT/telecom industry, economics, law or public policy.
The application should consist of:
• The application form (Download the application form from http://tiny.cc/Internship)
• One-two page resume including achievements and phone/email contacts of two persons who can provide references
• A research proposal that has overlap with the areas of research that LIRNEasia and related projects are currently working on as well as the research conducted by RTBI
Download the application form from http://tiny.cc/Internship
Please submit your application and the other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2010.
*In exceptional cases we will consider internship for three months