Call for young scholar applications for CPRsouth 2017 from Myanmar citizens and residents
CPRsouth 2017 will be held at the Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon, Myanmar. Selected Young Scholars will participate in an interactive training program, along with international participants. The curriculum will emphasize practical aspects of taking ICT-related research to policy. Young scholars will then attend the conference, which showcases policy relevant research.
Tutorials are scheduled for the August 28-30, 2017, prior to the CPRsouth conference. The conference – which is an integral part of the training – begins on August 30 and ends on September 01.
- Masters/PhD students in economics, public policy, communications and journalism
- Officers of government/regulatory agencies undertaking ICT policy research, developing/gathering indicators (monitoring and evaluation)
- Staff of private companies in the communications industries working in corporate & regulatory affairs
- Officers in NGOs/INGOs working in policy and regulation
- Researchers from think tanks, university research centers
- Journalists covering the ICT sector
The tentative curriculum can be accessed here
*Those who have attended CPRsouth Young Scholar programs in the past are not eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 15 June 2017
Applications must contain:
- One-page curriculum vitae
- One-page write-up outlining why you wish to become an expert capable of contributing to ICT related policy and regulatory reform in the region (if you have any evidence of policy engagement, please include).
Applicants’ write-ups and CVs should be in a single word document, and named: CPRsouth2017_MMYS_ApplicantLastName.
*Late applications and applications that do not conform to the prescribed format above will automatically be disqualified.
Applications will be reviewed based on:
- Content of application
- Evidence of interest in, and commitment to, policy-relevant research
- Quality of writing
- Gender and geographical representation
- Preference will be given to those of age below 35
The selection committee may contact your supervisor or mentor before making the final selections. Candidates selected to participate in the tutorial program must:
- Provide a one-page research proposal upon acceptance onto the tutorial program
- Participate in all tutorial sessions
- Participate in the entire CPRsouth 2017 conference
Participants will be provided with all meals for the duration of the conference and tutorials.
Those residing outside Yangon will also be provided with:
- Transport allowance
- Twin sharing accommodation on bed-and-breakfast basis for the duration of the tutorials and conference.
*Participants will be required to cover any other incidental costs.