Congratulations to Divakar Goswami (Deloitte) and Divy Jain (Deloitte) for winning the best paper at CPRsouth5. Their paper was onInfrastructure convergence: Tapping Smart Grids for renewing growth in the Indian telecom sector under the paper session energy on one side and content on the other. Goswami and Jain discussed the inefficiencies in the electricity industry in India that exacerbate demand-supply gaps and carbon emissions,the  intense competition in the telecom industry that poses challenges for growth and the promise of smart grids to cut transmission losses,reduce carbon emissions,renew growth for the telecom industry. Last but not least they touched on regulatory reform necessary to enable deployment of smart grids.

The runner up award was won by Rodrigo Abdalla Filgueiras de Sousa (IPEA, Brazil) The paper titled Alternatives to deploy Universal Fixed Broadband Infrastructure: Analysis of the options considered in Brazil was co-authored by Luis Cláudio Kubota and João Maria de Oliveira.  The paper discussed the broadband infrastructure in Brazil, the analytical frame work with policy recommendations.

The best papers were judged by Prof. Xu Yan of the University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong and Prof. Susan Kline of Ohio States University, USA. 65% of the final score comes from the judges while the remaining 35% comes from the audience.

Divy Jain receiving the Best paper award from Prof. Rivera
Divy Jain receiving the Best paper award from Prof. Rivera
Rodrigo Sousa receiving the runner up award from Dr. Rivera
Rodrigo Sousa receiving the runner up award from Dr. Rivera

4 Responses to CPRsouth5

  1. I always used to read paragraph in news papers but now as I am a user of
    web so from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.

  2. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to
    say that I’ve really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
    In any case I’ll be subscribing to your
    rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!

  3. elfisanta uk says:

    I’m still learning from you, while I’m trying to achieve my goals. I certainly love reading all that is written on your site.Keep the information coming. I liked it!

  4. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>