CPRsouth4

Christoph Stork of Research ICT Africa won the best paper competiton while Nirmali Sivapragasam of LIRNEasia was placed runner up at the CPRsouth4 conference held in Negombo, Sri Lanka.

Christoph’spaper reviews the latest developments and trends for interconnection rates and shows how interconnection benchmarking can be used to set termination rates using the case of Namibia.

Nirmali’s paper looked at the use of the public phones by the Bottom of the Pyramid (BOP) in six Asian countries. The findings showed a significant decline in public phone use since 2006, particularly in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, the three countries which displayed the highest level of use in 2006.

Prof. Patrick Xavier of Curtin University of Technology, Australia and Prof. Susan Kline of Ohio States University, USA acted as judges for the competition. 65% of the final score comes from the judges while the remaining 35% comes from the audience.


6 Responses to CPRsouth4

  1. Just what I was searching for, thanks for posting.

  2. Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve keep in mind your stuff previous to and you are simply too fantastic. I really like what you’ve obtained here, really like what you’re stating and the way wherein you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to stay it wise. I cant wait to read far more from you. That is really a great website.

  3. My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find most of your post’s to
    be precisely what I’m looking for. Do you offer
    guest writers to write content for you? I wouldn’t mind creating a post or elaborating
    on most of the subjects you write in relation to here.
    Again, awesome web log!

  4. You’ve made some good points there. I checked
    on the net for additional information about the issue and found most people will go along with your
    views on this website.

  5. Mollie says:

    I’m curious to find out what blog system you are utilizing? I’m experiencing some small security problems with my latest blog and I’d like to find something more safeguarded. Do you have any suggestions?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>