Wangay Dorji is the Head of Telecommunications and responsible for regulating the telecommunications sector, including the introduction of competition within the sector. In his position he is mandated to introduce, promote competition and groom the ICT market in the country; Make ICT services universally accessible and affordable in all parts of the country, particularly in the rural and remote areas;Ensure equitable, non-discriminatory interconnection across various ICT facilities and services providers; and Ensure, encourage investment and foster technological innovation in the ICT sector. He initiated the liberalization of the telecommunications sector through the licencing of a second mobile cellular operator in the year 2007.
- Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship
- EPPI Centre – call for proposals
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: 2016 Young Scholar Awards
- 2016 ITS Biennial Conference in Taipei, Taiwan — June 26-29, 2016
- CPRsouth 2016: Extension of deadline to 22 Jan 2016
- CPRsouth submission deadline: 22 Jan 2016
- 2015 Global Go To Think Tank Index – Voting Round II