Wangay Dorji is the Head of Telecommunications and responsible for regulating the telecommunications sector, including the introduction of competition within the sector. In his position he is mandated to introduce, promote competition and groom the ICT market in the country; Make ICT services universally accessible and affordable in all parts of the country, particularly in the rural and remote areas;Ensure equitable, non-discriminatory interconnection across various ICT facilities and services providers; and Ensure, encourage investment and foster technological innovation in the ICT sector. He initiated the liberalization of the telecommunications sector through the licencing of a second mobile cellular operator in the year 2007.
- Resources for Young Scholars
- CPR South Conference: 2015
- PH regulator to measure internet service performance
- Young Scholar Awards 2015: Extension of deadline
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: 2015 Young Scholar Awards
- New deadline for CPRsouth 2015 abstracts: 05 January 2015
- CPRsouth 2015: Call for abstracts/paper proposals