Wangay Dorji is the Head of Telecommunications and responsible for regulating the telecommunications sector, including the introduction of competition within the sector. In his position he is mandated to introduce, promote competition and groom the ICT market in the country; Make ICT services universally accessible and affordable in all parts of the country, particularly in the rural and remote areas;Ensure equitable, non-discriminatory interconnection across various ICT facilities and services providers; and Ensure, encourage investment and foster technological innovation in the ICT sector. He initiated the liberalization of the telecommunications sector through the licencing of a second mobile cellular operator in the year 2007.
- The myth of broadband in the Philippines
- Peer(ing) Pressure: Why PLDT should give in (Part 3 of a 3-part series)
- Nothing to fear in peering: A conversation with Bitstop.ph (Part 2 of a 3-part series)
- “To peer or not to peer”: A conversation with Bitstop.ph (Part 1 of a 3-part series)
- Highway Africa Conference 2014 – Call for Papers
- WG 9.4: Social Implications of Computers in Developing Countries 13th International Conference on Social Implications of Computers in Developing Countries
- Philippines’ slow and costly internet puzzle