Wangay Dorji is the Head of Telecommunications and responsible for regulating the telecommunications sector, including the introduction of competition within the sector. In his position he is mandated to introduce, promote competition and groom the ICT market in the country; Make ICT services universally accessible and affordable in all parts of the country, particularly in the rural and remote areas;Ensure equitable, non-discriminatory interconnection across various ICT facilities and services providers; and Ensure, encourage investment and foster technological innovation in the ICT sector. He initiated the liberalization of the telecommunications sector through the licencing of a second mobile cellular operator in the year 2007.
- When communication fails during a disaster
- If Global Communication Systems Went Down for One Day
- Call for Papers: CPR LATAM (formerly known as ACORN-REDECOM)
- A 21st Century Wedding where Skype Is the Venue
- M4D Doctoral Workshop, Dakar, April 7, 2014
- Is Your Grandparent on Facebook Yet?
- Call for Abstracts: EuroCPR2014 Centre For European Policy Studies (CEPS) – Brussels 24-25/03/2014
Systematic review trainingAll selected participants will attend a training course At the Blue Waters hotel, Wadduwa, Sri Lanka From 18-20 October 2013