Rananand, Pirongrong Ramasoota, PhD, is currently Head of the Department of Journalism and Information, at the Faculty of Communication Arts, Chulalongkorn University. She is also Director of the Media Policy C enter (MPC) which is a collaborative project between the Faculty of Communication Arts and the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) of Thailand. She has actively participated in several advocacy endeavors related to media reform, including being commissioner in the reading of the country’s first Public Television law, and consistently organizing seminars about media policy and regulation. She received her PhD in communication studies from Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada, where she received the Canadian International. Development Agency (CIDA) scholarship. She was also one of the principal researchers in the famous Media Reform research project, funded by the Thailand Research Fund (TRF). Her research interests include media policy and regulation, social implications of ICTs, and media and democratization.
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: 2016 Young Scholar Awards
- 2016 ITS Biennial Conference in Taipei, Taiwan — June 26-29, 2016
- CPRsouth 2016: Extension of deadline to 22 Jan 2016
- CPRsouth submission deadline: 22 Jan 2016
- 2015 Global Go To Think Tank Index – Voting Round II
- CPRsouth 2016 – Call for Papers
- AMCIS 2016 Call for Papers