Rananand, Pirongrong Ramasoota, PhD, is currently Head of the Department of Journalism and Information, at the Faculty of Communication Arts, Chulalongkorn University. She is also Director of the Media Policy C enter (MPC) which is a collaborative project between the Faculty of Communication Arts and the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) of Thailand. She has actively participated in several advocacy endeavors related to media reform, including being commissioner in the reading of the country’s first Public Television law, and consistently organizing seminars about media policy and regulation. She received her PhD in communication studies from Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada, where she received the Canadian International. Development Agency (CIDA) scholarship. She was also one of the principal researchers in the famous Media Reform research project, funded by the Thailand Research Fund (TRF). Her research interests include media policy and regulation, social implications of ICTs, and media and democratization.
- Young Scholar Awards 2015: Extension of deadline
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: 2015 Young Scholar Awards
- New deadline for CPRsouth 2015 abstracts: 05 January 2015
- CPRsouth 2015: Call for abstracts/paper proposals
- The myth of broadband in the Philippines
- Peer(ing) Pressure: Why PLDT should give in (Part 3 of a 3-part series)
- Nothing to fear in peering: A conversation with Bitstop.ph (Part 2 of a 3-part series)