Rananand, Pirongrong Ramasoota, PhD, is currently Head of the Department of Journalism and Information, at the Faculty of Communication Arts, Chulalongkorn University. She is also Director of the Media Policy C enter (MPC) which is a collaborative project between the Faculty of Communication Arts and the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) of Thailand. She has actively participated in several advocacy endeavors related to media reform, including being commissioner in the reading of the country’s first Public Television law, and consistently organizing seminars about media policy and regulation. She received her PhD in communication studies from Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada, where she received the Canadian International. Development Agency (CIDA) scholarship. She was also one of the principal researchers in the famous Media Reform research project, funded by the Thailand Research Fund (TRF). Her research interests include media policy and regulation, social implications of ICTs, and media and democratization.
- When communication fails during a disaster
- If Global Communication Systems Went Down for One Day
- Call for Papers: CPR LATAM (formerly known as ACORN-REDECOM)
- A 21st Century Wedding where Skype Is the Venue
- M4D Doctoral Workshop, Dakar, April 7, 2014
- Is Your Grandparent on Facebook Yet?
- Call for Abstracts: EuroCPR2014 Centre For European Policy Studies (CEPS) – Brussels 24-25/03/2014
Systematic review trainingAll selected participants will attend a training course At the Blue Waters hotel, Wadduwa, Sri Lanka From 18-20 October 2013