Moderator: Krishna Oolun | Discussant: Monica Kerretts-Makau
Analysis instead of summation: Why indices are not enough for ICT policy and regulation.
Steve Esselaar, Alison Gillwald, Christoph Stork
Measuring disbursement efficacy of Universal Service Funds: Case studies from India, Malaysia, Pakistan & Sri Lanka.
Rohan Samarajiva, Gayani Hurulle
- Compile ADRs and YDRs for all countries with universal-service programs, or for subsets that have comparative or persuasive value
- Develop acceptable and broadly objective accounts of how the funds have been expended
- Take remedial actions to improve necessary and sufficient conditions of performance or reduce inflows
Hello from the other side: Have Myanmar’s mobile adoption trends changed over the years?
Gayani Hurulle, Ayesha Zainudeen, Helani Galpaya
Recommendations: Identify scalable and effective models to increase digital skills
Information Communications Technology and Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Panel Data Approach.
- To achieve critical mass of users,
- Improve affordability and reliability
- Build telecom infrastructure
- Increase local content
- Design services to meet local demand