CIS was registered as a society in Bangalore in 2008. As an independent, non-profit research organisation, it runs different policy research programmes such as Accessibility, Access to Knowledge, Openness, Internet Governance, and Telecom. Over the last four years our policy research programmes have resulted in outputs such as the e-Accessibility Policy Handbook for Persons with Disabilities with ITU and G3ict, and Digital Alternatives with a Cause?,Thinkathon Position Papers and the Digital Natives with a Cause? Report with Hivos. With the Government of India we have done policy research for Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, etc., on WIPO Treaties, Copyright Bill, NIA Bill, etc.
- Resources for Young Scholars
- CPR South Conference: 2015
- PH regulator to measure internet service performance
- Young Scholar Awards 2015: Extension of deadline
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: 2015 Young Scholar Awards
- New deadline for CPRsouth 2015 abstracts: 05 January 2015
- CPRsouth 2015: Call for abstracts/paper proposals