PTC’s Young Scholar Program aims to recognize, encourage, and support up-and-coming scholars in the field of information and communication technologies (ICTs).
Outstanding applicants for the 2013 PTC Young Scholar Program will be invited to present their research at PTC’s 35th consecutive annual conference, PTC’13 Capacity, Capability, Collaboration, which will take place in Honolulu, Hawaii from 20–23 January 2013.
The PTC Young Scholar Program is open to actively enrolled Ph.D. students and to individuals holding post-doctoral positions under 35 years of age.
***Individuals from emerging economies are strongly encouraged to apply.***
The PTC Young Scholar Program offers promising young scholars the opportunity to:
- Present their research in a high-visibility academic and industry forum
- Receive detailed feedback from a panel of distinguished scholars and industry leaders
- Participate in PTC’13 activities
- Gain exposure to current industry issues and trends
- Meet PTC’13 attendees to share ideas, gain new insights, and identify possible practical applications of their research
- Network with industry professionals, members of international organizations and NGOs, government officials, and academics from over 60 countries
PTC will cover the travel expenses associated with attending PTC’13 for the selected applicants who attend the conference and present their research. Covered expenses include full conference registration, round-trip economy airfare, hotel accommodations, and a stipend of US$500.
- Review the Application Process online for complete submission guidelines
- Download and complete the 2013 PTC Young Scholar Application Form (editable PDF)
- Compile your completed Application Form, one-page statement of interest, curriculum vitae, and single-authored research paper into a single .zip file
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org the complete .zip file to no later than 7 November 2012